Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Yes, Yes I know I have been a SLACKER!!!! Every time I even begin to think about blogging sitting on the couch watching a movie, or playing a board game with Ted just sounds so much more exciting. But I have decided to remedy the situation especially after receiving countless emails and texts telling me "I really need to update."
So on to the updates... The last time you joined us I had just blogged about Halloween and Thanksgiving so I guess I will take you back to Christmas. *Better late than never *

Anyhow Christmas was grand we were able to go down to Colorado and enjoy time with my family and Ted's older brother’s family. We had lots of time to play with friends, and family, watch football and eat far too much food.

Christmas was great we spent the day at my parents house visiting with family and friends there were about 20 some odd people all together, so there is definitely never a dull moment. Harley enjoyed her 2nd Christmas but she did fall asleep during the present opening festivities which made it fun when we brought everything home because it really was her first time seeing all of the gifts. For New Years we went over to my brothers house and spent time with him and his family eating chicken wings and watching him put INSANE amounts of hot sauce on them, played the wii, and just hung out. We left at 10:00 because face it the New York ball had dropped and if New York has brought in the New Year that is good enough for us!

We are now back from the Holidays, and it seems like we haven't stopped going since we came home, frankly I need a vacation *Hawaii anyone?!?*
Ted has been extremely busy he just got back from a 5 day trip to CO to audition for CU Boulder we will hear back from them sometime in March, so keep your fingers crossed. Ted also won The BYU Singer of the Year competition and is now the male singer of the year, our good friend Amy won the female singer of the year. Ted is also getting ready to do Mozart’s Requiem which will be directed by Mack Wilberg who is the director of the Mormon tabernacle choir. Let’s see what else tomorrow he will be doing BYU Idol, because well why not! Other than that he is teaching voice lessons again and his non major students at BYU, and is enjoying that a lot.

Harley, Harley, Harley...This girl is definitely B-U-S-Y! Every day she is learning and growing, she LOVES to climb and jump, singing and dancing are musts. And toys are pretty much the center of her universe. She loves to laugh and can make pretty much anyone crack up, especially with her little sense of humor. She is still going to Nursery on Sundays and runs directly to the vacuum every Sunday and begins to clean the Nursery. She has decided that absolutely any kind of meat is "Chicken" and asks to eat it at every meal, along with berries. She is our fun little daredevil.

During the month of January Riley was also able to come out and visit! We loved having her, her and Harley played lots of games of chase, ring around the Rosie, and countless hours of toys and make believe. Her and her daddy loved to spend the nights watching movies or playing a game. We also bought her 3 different books, and she finished each one. She loves to read and does really well at it. We miss her lots. *unfortunately I did not take any pictures this time, again blame this on the slacker part of life at the moment.*

As for me I am now 6 months pregnant with our 2nd little girl *Hayley*. This pregnancy is definitely a lot different from Harley.

Well hope you enjoyed our little update! Hopefully it wont be so long between posts next time.

Much Love,
Megyn, Ted, Harley, Finny & Carter


Little Miss Harley




*All the pics are taken by my sister in law Jennifer*

1 comments:

Amy Owens said...

You guys are beautiful