Sunday, May 2, 2010

Little Miss Hayley

She came! She came! 15 days early to be exact.

Hayley Eryn Reedy was born on May 2, 2010 at 7:06am and we could not be more excited to have another little girl in our family. (Poor Ted is becoming extremely outnumbered, its a good thing the animals are both boys!)

Things could not have been more different with this delivery, Harley seemed to take forever to come into this world while Hayley not so much...
I woke up around 4:30am with what I thought was indigestion, went to go to the bathroom and realized that this was no indigestion this was LABOR!!! *remember it is 4am hence the indigestion thought* anyhow...I decided I was going to try to go lay back down after about 20 minutes of that not working, I woke Ted up and told him I was in labor, but that we didn't need to go to the hospital just yet. I went and took a shower figuring that this would either stop the contractions or help them. Around 5:00am my contractions were coming pretty steady about every 2-4 minutes but of course me being me I had to get my makeup on and fix my hair! I finished doing all of this and decided it was time to go lay down. Ted went and took a shower and while he was in the shower my contractions were every 2 minutes. By the time Ted had gotten out of the shower and asked if it was time to leave again and I said "yeah probably" we were another good 20 minutes before getting out of the door *standard Reedy procedure* Anyhow...after dropping Harley off at our wonderful friend and neighbors house we were on our way and my contractions were coming fast and holy crow did they hurt...When we got to the hospital Ted and I walked in I made it all the way to the inside of the doors before I decided it was time to just sit down, yup thats right sit down in the middle of the entry way. A wonderfully nice nurse brought me a wheel chair and again we were on our way to labor and delivery. When we got there, there was a swarm of nurses around me, this should have been my first cue as to how far along I was and that they really weren't going to send me home but due to previous birthing experiences I figured that they would send me right on packin. We get into the room and inbetween my contractions and whimpering like a puppy as the nurses and Ted told me, they checked me I was at an 8! Teds reaction was "really seriously!" Mine in my head was NO WAY I had assumed I was only at a 5, I actually kind of had high hopes for that 5 so I could get an epidural. Well the next 10 minutes are pretty much a whirl wind at some point I told a nurse that I just wanted to go back to bed and I was done to please send me home, she did not and just told me to breath. In between my "whimpering like a puppy" in my head I was yelling very loudly and Im pretty sure some words that should never be uttered by a female were stated, but fortunatley that brain to mouth filter thing was working this time and everyone in the room said I mostly whimpered and was extremley quiet *WHO ME!* When the nurse came back to check again she said I was "complete" really complete are you kidding me? Well the next thing I know things are being rolled into the room the anisisologist is walking in just to tell me that no drugs will be forthcoming. Our doctor came in and within a few minutes *5 to be exact* little miss Hayley was born into the world. She came out at 6lbs 10 oz and 19 in. long. She is completley sweet and we are in love with her already, Harley walks around talking about Hayeybaby. Ted is on cloud 9 about being a daddy again. And well as for me it honestly hasn't quite sunk in yet, I keep expecting her to kick me at any given moment. I haven't quite grasped the relization that I am officially a momma of 2.

We are so excited to have our little girl here and start the next section of our little world, as a a family of 5!



With much love,

Megyn, Ted, Harley, Hayley, Riley, Finny & Carter (OK so 7)

PS Pictures to come, we decided to move 4 days after this little one was born so life has been a bit on the BUSY side.

0 comments: