Seems like this summer has flown by…I’m pretty sure just a week ago Ted finished his last day of school and we were deciding what we wanted to do with our time. And here we are one week before school starts; teacher work days, getting everything ready for pre-school for miss Harley *I’m home schooling this year*.
I feel like I am trying to squeeze one last everything into our little 7 days of FREEDOM ha ha… One last visit to the pool, one more visit to the mountains, so on and so forth. But every time I look at that pesky calendar there is some place one of us has to be, from church meetings, to school meetings, doctors appointments, ballet/tap class, play groups, game nights, you name it I am pretty sure it is written on the calendar to do in the next 7 days. So it looks like we will have to settle for sticking close to home, sneaking away to the parks and a pool trip here and there in between our crazy schedules.
Quick updates:
Ted will once again be teaching at the local high school here he is pretty excited, as he will now be adding DRAMA teacher to his many lists of talents. He is finishing up his run with “Annie Get your Gun,” as Frank Butler *there was an great article about him and his cast mates in the Coloradoan *
Megyn is getting ready to begin home schooling Harley *preschool* I decided I wanted to keep her home one more year, as I am quite capable of teaching her, and heck we don’t have to pay anywhere from $135-180 extra dollars a month to have someone else teach her what I can. Other then that I am enjoying being home with the girls LOVING the hot hot weather, and our outings to the pool, park and just in general being outside.
Harley is 3 going on 13 some days. She is currently in ballet classes and will be starting up ballet and tap in a couple weeks. She adores it and is always dancing. And if the child is not dancing you can guarantee she is singing and or putting on some kind of “production” for all to enjoy.
Hayley is growing like a weed I admit a SMALL weed but growing. She had her 15 month check up today and has finally reached all of 20lbs. She is in the 15% . This is leaps and bounds from her 5th% she rocked for the longest time. She climbs everything squeaks and squeals ALL of the time. Says about 10 different words but only when the mood strikes her. Today at the doctors office I discovered she can say “Octor.”
Life is good, busy but very good. We are so excited for all of our upcoming things, musicals, recitals, homework, voice lessons, and who knows what else.
Hope every ones school years are starting out great!


2 comments:
Did you take those pictures? (Aside from the obvious one with you IN it, ha ha)- super cute! I totally agree on the preschool thing- I'm sorry, but I just can't rationalize a) sending her away with my last year at home with her now that I'm finally AT home and b) paying money to do it. Yeah right. And people look at me like I'm weird when I tell them...WELL MAYBE I AM! :-) Call me in love with my kids, but I will cherish them at home as long as I can! :-)
how fun! harley is such a model. you too megs.
Post a Comment