Thursday, April 17, 2008

Harley Alicyn Reedy














Guess what, she came, she came! Harley Alicyn arrived Monday morning April 14th at 2:29am. She was 6 lbs 5 ounces and 19 inches long. She is the most wonderful, precious little girl.

Anyways figured you all might want to hear a little bit about how she came. Sunday morning I woke up having contractions around 5:30am, but nothing bad enough to go to the hospital. So I went back to bed and woke back up a while later and we went off to church. By the time relief society came around (two hours after the start of church) my contractions were 5 minutes and less apart. We finished up with church and a good friend of ours told us to go home and lay down and see if the contractions stopped before we wasted a trip to the hospital *this is very good advice* well they didn't. So off we went to the hospital. We got there around 1:00 pm and they sent us home saying that I was not dilated enough. So I went home upset and feeling like they were wrong. Within 30 minutes my contractions were less then 3 minutes apart, I couldn't walk or talk and was having HORRIBLE back labor. So we went back to the hospital and I had dilated another cm by the time we had returned. The Dr. came in and asked me if he thought I could walk around and I said "well it will definitely be interesting." The Dr. went out to go call my regular Dr. and I looked at Ted and said "I think I'm going to throw up, and he said I think I am too." A few seconds went by and I said "NO really I'm going to throw up get the trash can" well he was too late and I lost it, at that same moment my water broke *WOOHOO*After that I told him I felt better and he said he did too. I thought it was funny. Anyways we got admitted to the hospital and we were off to the races. I had quite a bit of back labor but the minute I got the epidural it was smooth sailing!!! The entire labor and delivery went extremely well, I was cracking jokes the entire time. At one point when I was pushing I even managed to make a wise crack about my bed being a bobsled it was great! A few minutes after that they put me on some oxygen and I decided that I was "Goose" from Top Gun! Basically I was a bobsledding Goose haha!
Anyhow like I said before she arrived at 2:29 am after a little over 2 hours of pushing and wise cracks! We are so excited and grateful to have our little bundle of joy here! Everyone is doing great and Ted is loving being a daddy again for the second time. And I am loving being a new mommy.

Much Love,
Megyn, Ted & Harley

0 comments: